Personal data protection policy
Champagne Castelnau respects your privacy rights. We implement all necessary measures to guarantee the security of the personal data you transmit to us.
This policy on personal data protection (hereinafter “the Policy”) describes the types of information that Champagne Castelnau may collect from you or that you may provide to us.
The Sites are not intended for use by minors and we will not knowingly collect, use, provide or otherwise process any personal information from minors.
This Policy is subject to change at any time.
If you continue to use these Sites after the changes we have made are effective, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes. Therefore, please check this Policy regularly.
The information collected is recorded in a computerised file by Champagne Castelnau as part of the management of your order via the “Contact” section of the Site.
They are kept for the time strictly necessary for the management of the business relationship with the exception of data whose minimum retention period results from a legal or regulatory obligation or the expiry of a limitation period.
They are intended for Champagne Castelnau and its possible subcontractors working for the purposes defined below.
Personal data refers to information or elements of information that allow you to be identified directly or indirectly.
Although the precise detail of the personal data we collect varies depending on the specific needs, we generally collect the following data:
- When you contact our Customer Service via the “Contact us” section of the site. (for example : surname, first name, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, telephone number…).
- Personal data collected indirectly, automatically (the IP address of the terminal used to connect, the type of browser, the operating system, access times, etc.) or with your express consent (your purchasing habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences, etc.) when you use our Site. Any information collected indirectly will only be used to monitor the volume, type and configuration of traffic using this Site, to develop its design and layout and for other administrative and planning purposes, to identify possible fraudulent use and more generally to improve the service offered.
The processing we carry out is subject to your consent and serves an explicit, legitimate and specific purpose.
The compulsory or optional nature of the data collected is indicated at the time of entry by the words “Compulsory” (or any other appropriate visual indicator such as an asterisk or an element in bold) or “Optional”.
We may disclose your personal data to official bodies or agencies where we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or where, in our good faith judgement, such action is reasonably necessary in connection with legal proceedings; to respond to any legal claim or action; or to protect the rights of Champagne Castelnau or its customers and consumers.
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, and with the European Data Protection Regulation no. 2016/679, which came into force on 25 May 2018, you have the right to access your personal data:
- right to access your data,
- right to correct your data,
- right to object to processing (for example, asking not to receive any more e-mails),
- right to withdraw your consent,
- right to delete your data,
- right to restrict processing (your data is not deleted, but we make it unavailable),
- right of portability (you receive a file with the data you have entrusted to us, or you ask us to transfer this file directly to a third party).
You can assert your rights by sending your request without delay to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to the Legal Department of Champagne Castelnau at the following address : Champagne Castelnau – Legal Department – 5, rue Gosset – 51100 Reims – France. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL.
For security reasons and to avoid fraudulent requests, each request must be clear and precise, accompanied by a copy of an identity document and made in accordance with the applicable legal framework. Once the request has been processed, this document will be destroyed.
We store your information in secure operating environments protected from the public. We apply the standards accepted in this sector for the protection of personal data. The transmission of information via the Internet of data from the Sites is secured in accordance with the state of the art. Once we have received your information, we apply strict procedures and security measures to prevent unauthorised access.
The storage and processing of your information and the use of your information or its disclosure may require the transfer and/or storage of said information in the European Economic Area and its processing by staff of a supplier located in said territories.
Our suppliers and service providers are bound by a contract that ensures a high level of data protection and requires (among other clauses) that they implement all necessary technical measures on an ongoing basis to keep your personal data secure.
Our main web hosting service provider is based in France.
In accordance with current legislation and regulations, we do not keep your data for longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes set out above.
The personal data that you have completed/declared in your profile is kept for a period of three (3) years from the date of your last activity on the Site.
Data relating to your browsing and use of the Site is kept for a period of three (3) years from the date of your last activity on the Site.
The statistics used to measure the audience and traffic on our Site are kept for a period of thirteen (13) months.
Data used to establish proof of a right or contract, or kept to comply with a legal obligation, is archived in accordance with current legislation.